The Case of 23-year-old DREAMer, Daniel Ramirez Medina v. Department of Homeland Security
Daniel Ramirez Medina is the father of a 3 year-old child.
In partnership with Barrera Legal Group, Northwest Immigrant Rights Project, and Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher, we have filed a lawsuit challenging the detention of Daniel Ramirez Medina, a DACA recipient who was detained by ICE agents on Fri, Feb 10. We are petitioning for his immediate release, and are asking the government to correct this mistake that clearly violates established federal law.
Below are statements associated with this case (most recent listed first):
- Brief Statement -- Feb 16, 2017
- US GOVERNMENT OFFERS FALSE, UNSUBSTANTIATED ARGUMENTS AND NO EVIDENCE DEFENDING THE CONTINUED DETENTION OF DACA BENEFICIARY DANIEL RAMIREZ MEDINA
- Statement from his Counsel -- Feb 15, 2017
- STATEMENT FROM DANIEL RAMIREZ MEDINA’S COUNSEL ON FALSE ACCUSATIONS OF GANG AFFILIATION AND TATTOO
- Statement from his Counsel -- Feb 14, 2017
- STATEMENT FROM DANIEL RAMIREZ MEDINA’S COUNSEL ON FALSE ALLEGATIONS OF GANG AFFILIATION
- Press Release -- Feb 14, 2017
- CIVIL RIGHTS ATTORNEYS FILE FIRST LAWSUIT CHALLENGING THE DETENTION OF A DACA RECIPIENT IN WAKE OF RECENT IMMIGRATION SWEEPS