Board Orientation Manual DOWNLOAD THIS DOCUMENT
The purpose of this manual is to provide a template that will help you develop an orientation manual tailored for new and existing directors of your organization. This manual:
- Allows you to set forth the mission and goals of your organization
- Sets forth the basic legal responsibilities for members of the Board of Directors;
- Discusses the Board’s role in overseeing the financial and fundraising practices of the organization;
- Describes the safe harbor requirements for setting executive compensation;
- Emphasizes the importance of evaluating the performance of management and the board; and
- Discusses the Board’s role in risk management and strategic planning.
You will need to add certain information about your organization, so that it meets your needs. As you read through the manual, you will notice that there are blank sections for you to complete. This form also includes a sample appendix, with a suggested list of documents and policies that you should provide to new directors of your organization.
Click here for a Word document containing the text of the manual and sample appendix that can be edited.